Thursday, April 20, 2017

Faith Stretching

Hebrews 11:1 

“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” 

King James Version (KJV)

 

Getting to stretch our faith a bit more than before.  Good news-scans are probably good.  PET scan shows some something, that is likely due to radiation.  So Dr. Paul, the oncologist says that he's pleased with the overall scan. However, it may well be there next scan (in 3 months) as well, at which point they compare old scans to newer scans each time to look for new things.  I suppose this is normal for the course, but once again, being a medical newbie, I didn't know to expect this, so it was a bit troubling for a couple days. 

Bone scan shows nothing at all, that's GREAT news. 

Today our family saw "The Case for Christ", an agnostic journalist's quest to disprove his wife's newfound faith in Christ.  In the movie, she tells him the above listed scripture.  It's been with me all day as I've been thinking about this faith journey I'm on in life, not just during cancer.  I have a feeling it always will be.  Because of whom I place my faith in, a God who has never left me or forsaken me, I can be okay with this.  #thankfulagainandagain


No comments:

Post a Comment